Moore County Kennel Club (MCKC) is a non-profit corporation located in Pinehurst, North Carolina for the purpose of protecting and advancing the interests of pure bred dogs. As an all-breed dog club licensed by the American Kennel Club, MCKC sponsors dog shows and other related canine events under the rules and regulations of the AKC.
Acknowledging the diversity of the dog, MCKC sponsors two all-breed dog shows each September, several days of agility trials throughout the year, a puppy match in March, and rally and obedience events.
The Club meets at Table on the Green, Midland County Club, Pinehurst, NC , at 7 PM on the first Tuesday of each month except July and December. Before the meeting, members and guests gather for a 6 PM social dinner. Guests are always welcome. The club meets in July for a summer picnic and in December for a holiday dinner.
Some of the philanthropic activities for which the Club provides financial support include:
· MIRA USA: Guide dogs for blind children
· Spay and Neuter Clinic of the Sandhills: providing affordable Spay/Neuter services to those animal shelters and individuals in need
· Military War Dogs: Providing training aids to our service dogs
· Scholarships for Veterinary students and Veterinary technicians at NC State University and Central Carolina Community College respectively
· Disaster Relief through the auspices of the AKC.
· Take The Lead: a support foundation for individuals in the sport of pure bred dogs who are suffering life-threatening or terminal illness.
· Pet Responsibility Education of 4th Graders in Moore County, NC
· North Carolina Federation of Dog Clubs: supporting lobbyist activities related to canine interests in state legislation.
· Annual MCKC Benefit Golf Tournament to support our local scholarships
October 7: Monthly Meeting at Table on the Green, Midland Country Club - Board meets at 5 PM, Dinner at 6 PM, Club Meeting at 7
Oct 24-26: Agility Trials at Bon Clyde Training Center, Sanford, NC
November 4: Monthly Meeting at Table on the Green, Midland Country Club - Board meets at 5 PM, Dinner at 6 PM, Club Meeting at 7
December 2: December Holiday Dinner, 6PM, Beefeaters, Southern Pines
From the Fort Bragg Military Working Dog unit SPC Dean Hensley with Helen, PFC Buddy Meier and SGT Steaphan Strick and Tina after their demonstration at the MCKC 2014 dog show. Photo courtesy of Dolores Muller.
BIS shots courtesy of Dave McCurley Photography